What is eID-Me?
- eID-Me is a secure digital ID app that verifies and digitizes government ID information on your mobile device.
- eID-Me lets you share verified ID information with your consent to better access supported services. Note that eID-Me cannot currently be used as a substitute for ID in every situation.
- eID-Me is also a secure, private backup of your ID information.
- Your ID information is only stored offline on your mobile device using strong encryption. It is not stored in the cloud. Bluink does not store your ID information.
- An iOS mobile device (with iOS 14 or later) or an NFC-enabled Android mobile device (with Android 6 or later)
- An email address
- One of the following Canadian government-issued photo ID cards associated with your address (without an address sticker):
- Driver's licence
- Photo ID card, or
- Services card
- Physically be close enough to the address associated with your photo ID when you register
- Recommended: passport to increase your Identity Assurance Level (IAL) and likelihood of passing identity verification
See a full list of supported identity documents here.
We are working on adding new ID documents. If you would like to help us test, please contact us at: email@example.com
Learn how eID-Me works for your organization now